Monday, February 28, 2011

A while...

Finally made it back to blog land... we've been back from our vacation for almost 2 weeks now. But, as always, I take a long time to recover. :)


The trip was amazing. We've been to Vietnam & Hong Kong before but this was our first time in Korea... such a beautiful country with a fascinating history. 


I have lots of pix to share with you.... be warned! Let just say after this trip, I gained about 10 pounds.... seriously! But it was totally worth it. :o)


                                                    From Korea...



Night market in Myung-dong (Seoul). Lots of cheap knick knacks.


Street snacks... dried cuttlefish in red cups and the big yellow things are roasted chestnuts. 



more street food... this time it's spicy rice cakes & snails! 


snapped some pix of the country side on our way to the ski mountain.


our wish was granted... snow was everywhere!


at the ski slopes... boy, skiing is soooooo not for me. Glad I attempted to, though. 


went on a tour to the DMZ (JSA). See the white building... that's North Korea! It was really intense. 


                                And Hong Kong...




Typical wet market... what's inside? Live seafood. 


street snacks... from fish balls, fish cakes, beef balls to egg waffles, stinky tofu. Yes, stinky tofu!




shopping at Temple St. market


We can't not have dim sum while in HK.


and a visit to see pandas!

Finally, Vietnam (Saigon)...


typical street scenes in Saigon... lots of motorbikes! 



tropical fruits all over!




here's a vendor selling them on his bicycle! His slogan: no sweet, no buy!




another street vendor... papaya salad.

thirsty? no probs. Pull over for a fresh young coconut. 



and of course, you had to have pho (Vietnamese beef noodles) when in Vietnam... 


here's an up close! Is your mouth watering yet? :o) 

Will be back soon with a crafty post. Gonna do some blog hopping  and see what you've been up lately!  

8 comments:

Christiana said...

Wow! What amazing pics, Yuki! You looked like you were having so much fun, and loads of good food and good times. Thanks for sharing them with us! So glad you're back!

Christina said...

Yippee! I've missed your posts and I'm so glad you're back. Loved your photos, what an amazing trip that must have been! So jealous of you...
Welcome back!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Yippeee, she is home, she is home!!!!!! I was thinking about you last night and wondering if you would be home soon, missed ya!!! Lucky and Noel say woof and meow. So you saw, I am working on doing CAS cards, you got me inspired. I struggle though, I have to walk away from it or it won't be CAS. Your pictures are wonderful, I love looking at them and looked at again and again to take it all in. Welcome home.

Cheryl said...

I am so happy you had such a fantastic trip. Your pictures are amazing! Welcome back!

Anne Marie Hile said...

HOORAY!! You are back! *happy dance* So exciting to see you back in the bloggin' world again. :) Looks like you had an amazing time. Your photos are fantastic! You look like you had SO much fun, well except for the skiing...but that's ok, it's not my thing either. That bowl of pho has my mouth-watering, along with the dim sum and the spicy rice cakes. Oh, I am SO hungry right now!

Welcome back! :)

~amy~ said...

::welcome back sista::

Such FUN pictures...I'm hungry now:)

MiamiKel said...

::::: Squealing with delight! :::: Welcome back, Yuki! I have sooo missed you and your blogging! I keep peeking in here and hoping for an update, and wow, girl, did you ever deliver! What a cache of FAB pictures! You look soooo wonderful and the pictures are proof positive that you had a wonderful time - so much to see, so many interesting facts and details, your pictures made me feel like I was there with you :)

And snow! Skiing! Awwwwww! Sooo lucky!

Welcome home, good to have you blogging and thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

Muah!

Ann said...

Welcome back to blog land Yuki. These are fantastic photos - loved looking them. What a brilliant trip.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio