Some pix to share with you...
We were in Hong Kong right in time for Lunar New Year. Like how here, we have Christmas tree.... the Chinese put up these selection of plants as a symbol of fortune during the New Year season. The most popular being kumquat plant. We spotted mandarin orange & tangerine as well.
This street is known as Flower Street. The entire street is made up of florists... such a treat to the eye.
We stopped by this rice porridge shop one morning. These shops are typical in HK... opened early in the morning and only couple dishes are served.... The reason this eatery stood out was because it was a one-man-show!! That old man took orders, cooked, and cashed us out at the end. In between customers, he'd be chopping onions, meat, etc.,... never a dull moment.
... here's what we had... porridge and look-fun (rice rolls)... He even served beverages! HK milk tea.
I'm a fan of Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations... on his last trip to Vietnam, he went to this noodle shop operated by a lady aka "The Lunch Lady". You can view the clip here.
Here she is serving the Hue's style noodle soup. She had just opened up for business when we arrived... already, there were customers waiting. That's a good sign!
The infamous dish.... and the verdict: Anthony was right! It was delicious.
The famous Saigon Notre - Dame Cathedral
... and in all that hustling, bustling... bananas, anyone? :)
Thank you for letting me share this with you. Now, I am off to do some blog hopping!





9 comments:
What awesome pics!!! Super cute card too!!! Hope all is well....
Welcome back, missed ya. I kept watching to see when you return. I just love living through your pictures, what a wonderful trip and so much goodness,everything looks yummy. Loving your CAS card with the Kraft, I am trying to get comfy with it, but....yours is just perfect, always my inspiration :)
Hey girl! Glad you are back and had a wonderful time on your trip. Thank you so much for sharing these pics. It is so neat to get to see other cultures with the food, celebrations and sites! This is such a cute card too!
Love the pics! The food looks delicious and the card IS actually delicious. Those colors make me long for Spring!
Love seeing your photos Yuki. What a wonderful place - so exotic and different to the UK! No wonder you keep going back. I would absolutely love to wander through that flower market.
Another excellent card too - always love your style.
yahooooo...welcome back!!!!! Such a fab card...sooo very pretty and I just love love love all that you shared about your trip!
Oh, I so want to craft like you when I grow up! You make a card that turns my head EVERY TIME. LOVE!! Your pictures were so wonderful! So much detail and richness in your pictures - almost like I was there, walking the streets with you :) Glad you had a wonderful time and welcome home!!
Such an adorable card!
And I LOVED your travel pics! So fun! What a beautiful, colorful, and YUMMY trip it must have been!
Welcome home! Wonderful pics. Thank you for sharing.
I love your card! You always have such a way with color and design.
Post a Comment