Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Blog Named Hero #19

Happy Saturday!!

I'm playing along with A Blog Named Hero - paper piecing challenge..... thought I'd incorporate an Asian Flair to my card in celebration of Chinese New Year (tomorrow!).




Our family's Chinese New Year celebration will be big.... it's always at grandma's house. And, since it's on a Sunday this year, everyone will be there...... Also, my mom was born on the year of the snake.... so, this is her year.... It's ironic because she's terrified of snakes.... so am I! Thank goodness, snakes are illegal in Hawaii.... :)

9 comments:

Brandi said...

This is adorable! Have fun spending time with the family...... I am not a snake person either. LOL!

Wida said...

I have this stamp set and it's my favorite!! love the colors!!

Chunyuan said...

love the sweet little scene.

Monika Reeck said...

hi dear I have this little japanese girl also that was my first set of Hero Arts stamp..cute n simple card...lovely...where do you life?best regards from Germany...

~amy~ said...

Love this...such a sweet card!

snakes are illegal? thank goodness...I can't imagine why people would want to have them as pets..ick.

Sue McRae said...

Very sweet card! Happy New Year and thanks for playing along at ABNH.

Ann said...

Oh, so sweet! I love the cherry blossom at the top. That little girl is so cute.

Happy Dance said...

What a wonderful creation! Love it. And I've passed on a Liebster award to you. Check it out here:
http://gottadothehappydance.blogspot.com/2013/02/as-my-sister-would-say.html

: ) Bev

Christiana said...

Awesome card! I love her and you used her beautifully. This is another challenge that I keep meaning to participate in and never have. Got to make myself a reminder note or something! ;)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio