Monday, February 16, 2009

Rubber Bombshells challenge


I made this card over the weekend. The challenge is to use non-traditional Valentine's colors. I used the cupcake and sentiment from The Cat's Pajamas' Loving Mew and added Liquid Applique to as frosting. What do you think? I'm not thrilled about the color combo...feels more spring-like than Valentine's. 

31 comments:

Carisa said...

Thanks for the bday wishes - I LOVE your card!!!

laos348 said...

This card turned out super cute! I like the repetitive cupcake element and all the jewels at the bottom.

Linnie Blooms Shop said...

Good for you! I think it's great! I have to do mine this week.

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love the repeating image.

Dawn B. said...

I think it turned out great. I love the frosting. Cupcakes are my favorite. Great job.

Angela said...

Wow, great card, love the colors, and yummy cupcakes...

Elizabeth said...

Very pretty! I have been such a slacker on this challenge. Maybe I will get mine done in time for Valentine's day next year.

Becky said...

Fabulicious, and so many :)

Alfredo Gallardo said...

Interesting concept, and nice color combination.

Unknown said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Great cup cakes.

Unknown said...

its stunning!
love it!!

Colleen Porter said...

SO cute! I really like that stamp!

Cindy said...

Love the cupcakes! Great card!

Frogwoman said...

Adorable card. Love the bling cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

I love this! The colors make me anxious for spring!

Gramrussell said...

The colors are "springy" but so sweet. It's a great card.

Anonymous said...

I like the colour combo...It suits what you have done with the card!

Felicia said...

This is soooooo cute. I really like the sentiment. Where did you buy the sentiment at?

Ashley Newell said...

What a sweet little card!

Anonymous said...

Award for you on my blog

Miss Molly said...

OMG - LOVE this stinking card - just awesome!!

Abi Bundy said...

wow that's really cute well done!

Ann said...

TOO cute! I love your LO and the bling!

Joanne Travis said...

I love all of those sweet little cupcakes. This is so pretty!!

Denise said...

Love this cupcake card. Very cute!!

Anonymous said...

Your card looks fantastic!

Trini said...

Love your card! Great job!

Alison Anderson said...

OH my GOSH this is SO GREAT! I love it- great great!

Michelle Yvette said...

Super job! Love the cupcakes and the blingy topper!

Rosie Lilya said...

This is a a really cute card! I love the pattern

Deb said...

Love the cupcakes and I like the color combo you used. Great job!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio