Monday, June 20, 2011

Color Cue #16

How was your Father's Day weekend? Ours was wonderful. For lunch, we went to my dad's favorite restaurant, Tony Roma's.... what can I say?.... the man LOVES his ribs!....And for dinner, we treated my in-laws to Chinese food. 


I'm so forever grateful that both of our dads are easy to please..... unlike our moms.... hehee.... just kidding! :o)






Made this card for Dawn's color challenge.... I used my Rectangle Nesties to make that frame.... and stamps are from WPlus9. 

18 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE this!!!!! Glad you also had a great Father's Day too!!!

MiamiKel said...

YAY for easy to please dads! :) I lost my dad 5 years ago - waayyy too young - but we love to spoil the hubby as well and likewise, he's so easy!

Your card is sooo cute! Love how the flowers, gorgeous as they are, are framed! This is one knock out color combo! You knocked it right out of the park, Yuki!

Hugs!! xoxo

Cheryl said...

Wow! I love this! Great job with the color challenge. I love your take on it. The frame is an awesome idea.

Anonymous said...

what a great card. I love this frame.

Brandi said...

Wow! Beautiful colors and fabulous layout! Glad to hear you had a great Father's Day.

~amy~ said...

me likey...tons:)

Christina said...

Wow, Yuki, this is terrific! I love the frame! Must pin this right away! ((hugs))

Kathy and Lucky said...

Sounds like an awesome and fun Father's Day, yum, love ribs and Chinese food. Your card is just perfect, love how you did the frame around the image, yes that is going into my Yuki File :) Such wonderful, tropical flowers as well.

Kerrianne said...

This is WONDERFUL! Love the simple elegance! Thanks so much for playing along with us at WPlus9 Design.

Ann said...

That frame is so clever - noticed the embossing too - a really excellent touch.

And love the sound of your happy weekend too Yuki!

Virginia L. said...

Wow! How I LOVE your take on the colors! the framing is totally brilliant and the elements are fabulous!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Mmmm, ribs! :) Love your card! The colors are so beautiful on the white background and I just love how you framed the image. Just gorgeous! Hugs! :)

Carrie Sampsel said...

Love this card. The layout is so clean and simple and the color combo is fantastic. TFS

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! That yummy frame made my heart beat faster! It's gorgeous, the color, the texture, the perfect stamping inside!!

Christiana said...

This is gorgeous! Love that frame. It really sets off the whole card.

Trinh said...

Perfection, Yuki!

Jinny Newlin said...

Stunning! LOVE your textured frame and lovely, CAS design! Thank you so much for playing along with our Color Cue this month!

Elizabeth said...

Great job with those colors!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio