Last June, I found this in my backyard one early morning...
sorry for the bad photo.... took it with my phone. She was eating the bread I left out for the birds and ran away soon after I snapped this pix.
The next day, I came home from work and hubby said, "Honey, look..."
awwww.... my heart literally sank. The skinny, poor thing was waiting in our yard for food.
Several days later, we were able to trap her. After pleading with hubby... and lots of tears involved! Hubby did not want our home to be taken over by cats.... but in the end, he caved.... another reason I love this man!
We took her to the vet. They said she was about 6-7 weeks old.... several scratches on her nose and paws suggested she had been in fights.
Because she was super thin, jokingly... we called her Fatty....... Well, it worked!.... One year and 12 lbs. later.... Here's the latest member of my family hanging out by my stamp area:
Happy Birthday, Fatty!!!




13 comments:
Happy Birthday, Fatty! You're a very lucky cat and couldn't have a better owner. Here's to many more years filled with yummy treats and lots of love :)
Happy Birthday, Fatty. I think YOU ADOPTED a very nice family -- good choice. They are taking good care of you.
**June K.**
Awww.....I would have to take her in also, look at that sweet little face, she is so gorgeous!!!! Glad hubby let you help her out and give her a home, you are a true blessing to God's creatures. Happy Birthday Fatty!!!!
What a lucky kitty! So glad you shared this story and photos--Fatty is obviously well loved!
Oh my....she is um, living up to her name!!!! What a cutie pie...orange and white cats are thee best...Happy Birthday to Fatty...
omg- tears! that's such a sweet story. fatty was a such a cute kitten and now she's a beautiful cat. she's lucky to have you and vice versa, i'm sure. :)
This is such a sweet post. I had a few tears reading this because I just adore animals. You and the hubby have such sweet souls to take in a loving animal. Good luck with more wonderful years with "Fatty"!
Oh Yuki we've had this story too - at my Mum's house a little black kitten sitting under the holly tree and eating the birds' food. We kept him too and named him Kyffin after a Welsh artist who had just died. And now 5 years later he's a great big Kyffin with a tummy to match. Happy Birthday Fatty! Cats have the knack of finding kind and happy homes!
Happy Birthday Fatty! She is one lucky kitty to find such a good, loving home.
Ohhhhhhhhh Yuki, I'm having to dry my eyes reading this! What a wonderful story! Happy Birthday, Fatty! You story brings such raw emotions - we have a stray with us now and I plan to share his story soon, just waiting for the right moment :) LOVE that you gave her the chance at life and love - she is a beauty! And thank your dh for us, too! You are GOOD peoples!!!!!! :)
Awww, happy birthday to Fatty!!! Oh my goodness, she is a cutie pie! I can see why you couldn't resist taking her in. From the sounds of it, she is very lucky you did, too. Thanks for sharing her sweet story, too! Hugs!
Aw, what a sweet baby! I love her! Orange tabbies are my favorite.
She's just beautiful - and so blessed to have a loving home! What a wonderful birthday photo!
Post a Comment