Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rubber Bombshell challenge #2





This challenge is to case a card done by one of the crafty gals in our group, Michelle. It was a challenging one for me since all her creations are wonderful. Check out her blog here. I decided to pick this card to case. Isn't it so pretty? I love the way she created that beautiful background. Michelle has a knack for creating stunning background and sceneries using different techniques and her brayer. I have a brayer but all I ever made with it is a mess. 

I used the smacking-acetate technique with my SU! markers (first time using this technique!) I changed the layout and color scheme. I also wanted to create a grid but didn't think it'd go with the flowers. I hope you like it, Michelle. I know it's nowhere near the original...*sigh* since you can see some white spots in the background. But I had lots of fun creating it! 


14 comments:

Scrapping Julie said...

just beautiful

Unknown said...

Great card! Thanks for playing along.

JazzyH said...

Great card.

Unknown said...

you did an awesome job.!

Becky said...

This turned out gorgeous, I just love how the colors blended.

Anonymous said...

Oh Yuki this is lovely. The colours are really stunning. You did good girl!

I love to play with techniques. It is what keeps stamping fun for me. Only so much colouring this little black duck wants to do.

Anonymous said...

Oh and I have a little award for you on my blog when next you visit!

Cindy said...

This is so pretty. LOVE the background...great technique.

laos348 said...

What a great background for those flowers - really like that! I like the little button touches too - just the right amount of "extras".

Gramrussell said...

Wow! Your background is gorgeous! Beautiful card.

Angela said...

This is beautiful, love how you added the button

Joanne Travis said...

This is totally awesome and a wonderful tribute to Michelle's work. Love this!!

Linnie Blooms Shop said...

Love this card! I never heard of an acetate/ink technique. Interesting:)

Deb said...

I am so srry you lost your wedding band :( Hopefully you can replace it. I love this card. Beautifully done.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio