Made this card with my MIL in mind... her birthday is coming up next month... around Chinese New Year. I thought the cherry blossom is very appropriate for then.
I embossed the branch with silver embossing powder.... and dotted the centers with Copics. Not sure if you can see them, but I filled the small buds with Stickles.
I plan to just relax today. Yesterday was fun and exhausting... No, unfortunately, we did not spot any turtle... The guard said due to the high tide and big waves they couldn't come up to shore. :(
Stopped by for some prawns for lunch... and young coconuts for dessert.... yum!
Hope you are enjoying the extra day off!





15 comments:
Thanks for playing at the PDCC this week Yuki with such a pretty card!
Such a gorgeous card, and WOW, look at those huge prawns!
Mmm, love the punched edge on that pp!
Ohhhh what a lovely picture of two very beautiful friends! Those prawns and coconuts look yummmmmmy! Oh your card is just amazing - love the soft, subtle colors paired together and your embossing folder is a must have - fabulous! Your card just flows together so well and just stands out ... lovely bday card for your MIL! TFS!
Mmmm! Coconuts! I bet that was scrumptious... just like your stunning, CAS creation! What great texture you've achieved in a, nearly, one-layer card! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Cafe!
Wow, so much detail on such a clean design! Love the border punch on the dotted paper, and your stamped image must be even more beautiful in person with the embossing and Stickles. The woodgrain is such a great touch, too! Glad you had a fun day yesterday!
Such a pretty card! I love the woodgrain embossing and the CAS design. Lovely use of the colors and so glad to have you with us at the Play Date Cafe!
Wow, your MIL is going to be amazed at your talent, sista! It looks like you had an amazing day even without the turtle spotting. Ok, who wants to spot turtles when you can eat mega sea food and coconuts instead? :)
LOVE that card...wowza girlie...such fun pics...I 'got' to work yesterday..no day off for me:(
Your card is gorgeous, love the flowers with the silver and the Stickles and that border punched DP such a wonderful touch.
Looks like you two are having a great time, love prawns, yum! Too bad no turtles. Have fun.
Looks like you had a fun day!
Gorgeous card! I love the design and texture. Your MIL will love it.
I love all of your textures and patterns you've used to create a very simple looking card (even though we both know it wasn't simple) :) ! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at the Play Date Cafe.
OH! Love that bordered punched paper! Super edges! LOVE this:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:}
beautiful card. the wood background is perfect
Ok, those are some prawns! WOW!! What an absolutely stunning card! The embossing is such an elegant touch and I just love the soft colors. Your MIL will love it for sure! Great photos, too. Looks like you had a fun day! :)
Post a Comment