Growing up in Asia, where soccer is immensely big, my family and I looked forward to every World Cup/Euro Cup event. We would gather in front of the TV (a small black & white one!) and had a great time cheering on our favorite country. Some years, due to the time difference, we would get up in the middle of the night to catch the broadcast. There was no such thing as a rerun. But then again, nothing beats live coverage.
Are you a fan as well? If so, who are you rooting for this time? My all-time-favorite is the Netherlands. Been a fan since my first World Cup back in the 80's. There is just something about that orange fever that excites me every single time.




4 comments:
Okay, let me start by saying that I love your card...very pretty.
next up...soccer...my kids have been playing for 9 and 8 years...combined is 17 years...pssttt...I still don't get the rules and stuff...BUT I did catch a pic of Cristiano Ronaldo...I'd watch the world cup too:)
love your card.... I like how you pop the flowers :D
Oh, and I love your side bar "where my money goes"... LOL.... mine goes to PTI & my local craft stores.... bad enough... LOL
Lovely! I really like the flowers popped out from that lovely leaf stamp (another set on my wish list for ages!). Afraid I'm not a footie fan - thankfully neither is my son. We're a very unsporty family!
love your card - love the wooden image with the quote stamped on - and the quote is just gorgeous and true.
I am not a football fan - but I am surrounded by them... so I participate, in a way or another - and even so I would never admid dot the freaks - its fun ;)
Post a Comment